Friday, December 2, 2011

How old should baby rats be before being put in a 1" bar spacing cage?

I'm thinking about getting a cage with 1" bar spacing, and I was wondering how old do baby rats have to be? I don't want them escaping. Also, the cage has horizontal bars, if that helps at all.


I'm getting males by the way, so they'll get bigger.








Thank you!|||If their head can fit through, their whole body can. I think that 1" bar spacing is too wide for any rats. I have 2 large males, and they could fit through that spacing until about 2 months ago (they are almost a year old now). So unless you are going to get full grown rats, I wouldnt suggest it.|||Age does not really matter it is the size of the rat. If they can get their head and shoulders through the bar they are still to small and will get out. Females could live in if they are fairly large, my girl lived in a 1'' just fine and she wasn't overweight.|||They will have to be 4-6 months old, unless they are quite the fatties. Females will never be able to live in that cage, only full grown males.





Andy D|||They grow quite fast so im sure that you would be able to get that cage. no problem

No comments:

Post a Comment