Friday, December 2, 2011

Why does my laptop have a weird horizontal bar at the bottom?

There is a strange horizontal bar that runs at the bottom of my screen. It changes colors depending on what program or window I have up and running. For lack of a better comparison, it looks like an emission spectrum or perhaps a seriously messed up rainbow along the bottom. There is literally a thin black line separating the bar from the rest of the screen. It runs right through the middle of my task bar. It is not a series of dead pixels, because I have already run that UDPixel program and the program found nothing wrong.


Sometimes it's there, and other times it's not. At one point, while I was using my laptop, the bar went away, but after a few startups, the bar returned.


I would take a screenshot, but whenever I do, the picture looks as if there isn't a problem at all.


I have tried to update, uninstall and reinstall video drivers, but nothing seems to work.


I have run multiple virus scans, but that nothing has been discovered.


I have applied pressure to the bar, but nothing has changed.


I have rebooted my laptop multiple times.


I have adjusted the resolution and the screen refresh rate.


Nothing has worked.


Here are pictures of the problem:


http://www.mediafire.com/i/?p0yh32fooyfygsn


http://www.mediafire.com/i/?4rmhwzzuz9diget











About my Laptop:


Lenovo Thinpad R500


Running Windows 7





Please. I really would like to _not_ have to replace my screen if there is any other way.


Um, if any other information is needed, please let me know.|||Looks like your screen is damaged (as you have run the pixel checker). Is it there if you put the taskbar on autohide? If it is it may be that your screen is being detected as the wrong size.

No comments:

Post a Comment