Friday, December 2, 2011

I bought a Sharp LCD32D40U and have horizontal bars on the top and bottom on HD channels. What to do?

These are fixed, not scrolling bars. Sharp says to contact the cable company to change the video format. The cable company took me through all the video formats and said to call Sharp because they couldn't fix it. If I put the picture on zoom then I get HD to fill the TV but then the I can't see what channel I am on, as the cable channel bar is cut off. Non-HD channels work fine with side stretch or side bars, the horizontal lines are only with HD.|||2 things...





1) Make sure you are on the correct input. HD channels will have the letterbox if not viewed using the HD input.





2) Schedule a trouble call with the cable company and get someone out there to make sure the cable box is set up correctly.





Good Luck!|||My Sony has more settings than normal and zoom. Try (if you have them) some of the other settings. Usually I find that the settings are trade offs....some loss of information either at the top and bottom, or the sides. It's kind of a getting used to it thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment