Saturday, November 19, 2011

How to fix my missing horizontal volume bar?

I have a Dell Latitude E6400. I have volume control buttons above the F10 - F12 keys on my laptop keyboard. When I used to click on these buttons, a blue sound level bar would appear in the lower right corner of my laptop monitor, now it doesn't. How do I get it to reappear? I tried looking in the Power Options, and Sound Properties of the control panel to no avail.|||Right-click on the desktop and select "Properties" from the shortcut menu to open the "Display Properties" dialog box.


Press the "Settings" tab in the "Display Properties" dialog box and click the "Advanced" button.


Select the "Intel Graphics Technology" tab to open the Dell configuration page.


Click "Hot Keys" and check the "Enable Hot Keys" check box.





For more info check this out:


http://www.ehow.com/how_6950096_turn-hot-keys-dell-laptop.html


It is about the disabling of the hot keys but you can do the opposite.





Hope this helps!|||That's a DELL add-on. Check Dell's option dialog. If it's not there, maybe it got deleted. You'll have to install it (www.dell.com).





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment